Episode #6 of the “Lean Whiskey” Podcast: Speyside Scotch, Remembering Lee Iacocca and Ross Perot
After the last episode with guest host Paul Critchley, I'm once again joined by Jamie Flinchbaugh for another “Lean Whiskey” podcast.
In Episode 6 of Lean Whiskey, Mark Graban and Jamie Flinchbaugh explore two icons as leaders and the impact they've had. Lee Iacocca and Ross Perot passed away recently, and we explore their impact on their companies and most importantly, on people.
We also enjoy a couple of Speyside single malt whiskeys, Jamie's from Glenrothes and Mark's from Balvenie. These are two different scotches but between both being from Speyside and both having sherry-cask maturing, they share some similarities.
Our listener question asked us to discuss the need for true humility in leadership that really values the people at the Gemba and how this naturally adds more value to the whole enterprise. After discussing this, we close by talking about our favorite non-lean podcasts. Scroll down for links and more.
Here is the sixth episode if you want to stream it:
Subscribe, Rate, and Review!
Please check out the main LeanWhiskey.com page if you want to subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or RSS. Please rate and review the podcast too!
Cheers! If you have any feedback or ideas for the podcast, let us know!
Episode #6 Show Links:
Here are some links from the show:
- Jamie's Glenrothes Whisky Maker's Cut from Bounty Hunter
- Mark's Balvenie Triple Cask 16
- Jamie's tribute to Lee Iacocca in IndustryWeek
- Mark's blog post on both Iacocca and Perot
- Article where Perot said GM was like a blanket of fog
- Perot's contributions to the Dallas area
- Email us a reader mail question at email@example.com
- No Bull podcast about legendary Silicon Valley coach Bill Campbell
- Up First podcast by NPR
- Find the podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or at leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or at jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and subscribe in your favorite podcast source.
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Join Our Upcoming Webinar on Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement through Organizational Habits - March 22, 2023
- From Fear to Improvement: Results of Our Poll on Companies' Responses to Mistakes - March 16, 2023
- Discovering the Benefits of Data-Driven DEI: An Interview with Dr. Randal Pinkett on his New Book - March 14, 2023