What are the 10 Most Read LeanBlog.org Posts of the Second Half of 2016?
I think this will be my last post before taking some time off for Christmas and the New Year (other than tomorrow's reposting of “Gemba Clause“).
Thanks everybody for reading my blog throughout 2016! It's been a great year and I appreciate you taking time out of your busy lives to read and participate in the discussion. I hope this site will continue to be a part of your life in 2017.
Here are the ten most-read posts of the year, according to Google Analytics (popularity doesn't imply quality, but it's interesting to see what people are reading and sharing) — data through December 15. See results for the first half of 2016. You can also see which posts or pages have the most views, all time.
Posts Written in the Second Half of 2016
- RIP Jess Jacobs (#UnicornJess): The Healthcare System Wasted Her Time, But She Inspires Many to Fix the System
- Exposé About Detroit Medical Center, Dirty Surgical Instruments, Dysfunction, and… Lean?
- Could Lean Thinking Have Prevented the Recent Disney Tragedy?
- Free Download: Process Tracking Letters for Lean Daily Management Boards
- Lean People Don't Say Things Like “Idiot Proofing”
- What's Up at Virginia Mason Medical Center? Top Rankings & Joint Commission Problems
- Lessons from the Wells Fargo Scandal, Mismanagement, and Gaming the Numbers
- Deming (Past) and Toyota (Today) Recognize Employees Are Unique Individuals
- The Time I Volunteered at a Distillery and Couldn't Help Doing Kaizen
- Toronto Cyclist Error Proofs With a “Pool Noodle” to Improve His Safety
Popular LinkedIn Posts
I still occasionally write pieces for the LinkedIn Influencers program:
10 Older Posts That Were Popular in 2016
- Kaizen & Idea Boards Spotted at Society for Health Systems Conference (2013)
- Is Lean an Acronym? Is it “LEAN”? (2012)
- Don't Threaten People with This Famous Dr. Deming Quote (2013)
- The #Lean Goals That Matter: SQDCM (2014)
- My Thoughts on Standardized Work (2010)
- A Video Showing Office 5S Gone Wrong (2012)
- #Lean: Clarifying Push, Pull, and Flow in a Hospital; the Patient “Pulls” (2014)
- Updated: Why Toyota is Eliminating the Andon Cord from its Factories (2014)
- Links to Dilbert Cartoons on #Lean and/or #SixSigma (2011)
- Toyota, Respect for People (or “Humanity”) and Lean (2013)
The video about Office 5S Gone Wrong:
Thanks for being part of my community! Best wishes for the holidays and the new year!
Photo by Flickr user Heather, used under Creative Commons License
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Can You SEE Culture in a Workplace? What Do These Artifacts Say to You? - September 27, 2022
- Join Me at the 2022 AME Annual Conference and Save 15% - September 26, 2022
- We All Make Mistkaes, Especially Me - September 22, 2022