Joining me for Episode #261 is an old friend and trusted mentor, Jamie Flinchbaugh. Among other things, he's the co-author of the book The Hitchhiker's Guide to Lean. He writes for a number of publications, has his own blog, and was previously a guest blogger here on LeanBlog.org. He's a speaker, investor (including in KaiNexus), and a great guy.
Jamie was previously a guest on episodes #5, #6, #10, #50 (where he interviewed me), and #64. We were long overdue for another one. This episode is intentionally more conversational than most, with no more of a plan than me asking Jamie, “What's new?”
He's also in final editing of a chapter for the book Practicing Lean, so I'm happy to be adding that to the book. Jamie is also going to be giving a keynote talk at our upcoming KaiNexus User Conference.
Streaming Player (Run Time 48:01)
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/261.
Topics & links for this episode:
- What are you thinking about and working on these days?
- What's not working in the Lean community?
- What's going well in the Lean community?
- Lean is about behaviors, capabilities, not just tools
- What's a “Lean zealot?”
- A nook you're read recently NOT about Lean
- A movie or TV show people might be surprised that you love
- Lessons from soccer coaching?
- An unpopular or lesser known whiskey you enjoy?
- The eBook Practicing Lean (Jamie is finishing up a chapter for the book)
- The 2016 KaiNexus User Conference
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher.
Thanks for listening!
Videos of Jamie Flinchbaugh:
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Oops! Another Mistake During a Webinar About Mistakes - September 30, 2022
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022