Jim has written two eBooks, The Roots of Lean: Training Within Industry: The Origin of Japanese Management & Kaizen and Deflation: The Road to Prosperity. We'll talk about that second book and topic in the podcast today.
We're also going to talk about Lean Accounting and Lean Management, the related topics at the upcoming Summits in San Antonio later this month. I hope you can join us, as I'll be giving a talk on “Practicing Lean” to kick off the event and I'll be around that whole day. Lean Frontiers produces many great events and I hope you can check one out some time.
Streaming Player (Run Time 45:23)
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/258.
Topics & links for this episode:
- Jim's book Deflation: The Road to Prosperity
- You've written about the “Deflationary economy” and the Lean business model
- First off, what do you mean by a “deflationary economy”?
- What's the current state of Lean Accounting
- First off, what is “Lean Accounting?”
- Is this relevant to healthcare?
- What is the critical linkage between lean accounting and lean management?
- Tell the listeners about the Lean Accounting Summit that's coming up…
- What's your take on “Fake Lean” or “L.A.M.E.” and why it exists out there… why are there “Lean failures” out there?
- General advice for those who are starting with Lean?
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple iTunes. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher.
Thanks for listening!
Videos with Jim Huntzinger:What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022
- Can You SEE Culture in a Workplace? What Do These Artifacts Say to You? - September 27, 2022