MP3 File (run time 34:52)
Steve Bell, author (most recently) of the book Run Grow Transform: Integrating Business and Lean IT is my guest for episode #161 of my podcast series. Steve is a fellow faculty member for the Lean Enterprise Institute and he is also a founder of Lean4NGO.org, working with non-profits in the developing world.
He is also founder of Lean IT Strategies, LLC, coaching IT professionals as they partner with their business colleagues to meet the challenges and exploit the opportunities in the rapidly changing, technology-enabled business landscape.
In this episode, Steve talks about:
- Why “Lean Thinking” is important in IT
- What is “Lean IT,” including some success stories
- How do agile, scrum, Lean IT, and Lean Startups fit together?
- His upcoming LEI workshop in San Francisco this February
- Lean4NGO initiative
Steve's Other Books:
- Lean Enterprise Systems: Using IT for Continuous Improvement
- Lean IT: Enabling and Sustaining Your Lean Transformation
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/161.
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at email@example.com or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 993-0630 or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.