“Factory” – A New Situation “Comedy”
I saw an ad for this the other day, I don't really have high expectations prior to watching it. Will a sitcom set in a factory be as clever as “The Office” or even “Gung Ho” or will it be full of blue-collar beer-swilling stereotypes?You can watch the episode online and judge for yourself. Be warned, it's a bit raunchy, if that bothers you. Unfunny bothers me more than raunchy.My notes from as I watched:
- Opening scene: It's pretty rare to see CNC machines on TV. That's cool, I guess. Whoa, that's disturbing, seeing a manager/supervisor/engineer pulled into the machine by his tie – not overly graphic, compared to CSI…. but this is how the comedy begins? Anything that reinforces the “no ties around machines” message is OK, I guess…. but not the funniest thing ever. Maybe this is why TV shows aren't set in factories?
- OK, halfway through the show now… still not too much humor. So I'll comment on it as if it's not a comedy. After the guy is killed, the big boss needs to replace him. He decides to have the main four characters of the show “vote” to decide who gets the job. I hope that sets up some comedy, since that's a pretty stupid way to go.
Final verdict — it's more a show about a bunch of guys than a show about a factory… and not very funny. Can't recommend it.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023
- Alternative History: GM Uses Lean to Remain #1 in the Auto Industry - January 31, 2023
- Fall in Love with the Problem, not the Solution: In Entrepreneurship and Continuous Improvement - January 29, 2023