Lean Thoughts on the UAW Striking GM?
I'm too far removed anymore and I'm not sure if there's really a Lean story in any of this mess. Does anyone care to comment?
- When the news just focuses on the “cheap labor costs of Toyota” (as I just heard from an idiot on cable news), does that do a disservice to anybody? Has anyone seen an article about the strike that mentions the competitiveness gap between the “Detroit Three” and Toyota? Is Lean ever mentioned?
- Is the “Voluntary Employee Benefits Association” (VEBA) just an accounting trick? Instead of creating value, they're also playing accounting games…. am I seeing that wrong?
Click “comments” to chime in…
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Alternative History: Toyota's CEO Accelerates Lean Healthcare Improvement in the 2000s - February 7, 2023
- When Burnout Turns to Moral Injury for Healthcare Clinicians - February 6, 2023
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023