Show Notes and Approximate Time, Episode #16
- 1:30 About Jim, his background with lean, about his firm
- 2:50 What does it mean, “retained search firm”?
- 4:40 Jim’s firm defines lean as “Toyota Way leadership” — Toyota Production System AND the Toyota Product Development System
- 5:00 How is the job market for lean talent, generally speaking?
- 6:30 People “used to hire forktruck operators out of Toyota” because they thought they knew the secret sauce
- 7:40 Jim Womack’s email about the end of “the lean tool age”
- 8:00 How do you consider someone’s individual or local lean accomplishments versus a good candidate having been in a prototypical lean company?
- 9:30 What are Jim’s 5 profiles for excellent lean candidates?
- 10:30 Been in the Toyota Product Development System market very heavily lately, the talent with experience there has been slim
- 12:30 The market for lean in services areas
- 16:00 What about recruitment for executive level positions?
- 21:45 Harder to find people who can use lean to drive growth or revenue rather than only reducing costs/waste
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at email@example.com or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 776-LEAN (817-776-5326) or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.
Visit the main LeanBlog Podcast page with all previous episodes.
, , , on the author’s copyright.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to be notified about posts via email. Learn more about Mark Graban’s speaking, writing, and consulting.