Michigan Lean Consortium 2012 Conference – Establishing a Winning Culture
Although I've lived in Texas since 1999 (other than a few years in Phoenix), Michigan is my home state, having grown up in Livonia (a Detroit suburb) from 1st grade through high school and then working there for two years after college. Michigan has it's challenges, but I want the state to succeed and do well.
I've been following the work of the Michigan Lean Consortium (and I participated in last year's inaugural annual conference).
Tbey are having their 2nd annual conference in August: Establishing a Winning Culture, August 8-10, 2012, Traverse City, MI.
Based on last year, this is something worth traveling for, even if you aren't from Michigan (I assume they will have you).
From the MLC:
Top 6 Reasons to Attend
1. The Conference is valuable for all levels in all industries. Whether you're completely new to lean, interested in getting certified, or an advanced leader, there's a workshop for you and your industry. Topics cover lean in health care, manufacturing, government, and the service sectors.
2. Gain hands-on and immediately applicable experience. The agenda is packed with useful information that you will be able to share with your workplace colleagues and get started with immediately.
3. Learn from top-notch speakers and presentations. You'll gain insights from lean visionaries and practitioners, like Robert Riney, Steve Cousins, Bill Costatino, and many more, in an informal, friendly setting.
4. Connect with other Culture Change professionals. Hear real-life stories and share obstacles and best practices with others from around the state. Get to know colleagues who share your passion for lean and can help you progress professionally. You will have the opportunity to formally work with other people in your industry and informally network with all industries.
5. Refresh, recharge, and walk away reinvigorated. Taking a break from the daily grind is not only good for you, it's essential to staying motivated and engaged in your own continuous improvement. The conference's lakeside location is restful and inspirational at the same time and promises to leave you renewed to take on the next challenges to come.
6. Contribute to Michigan's success. MLC's mission is to spread the knowledge of lean throughout Michigan to help improve our businesses, organizations, and government in order to drive economic growth in the state. We're also serving all Michigan-made foods at the conference and giving away Michigan-made door prizes!
Check out the conference agenda (PDF) here. There were many healthcare attendees last year and a lot of Lean Healthcare content. I hope you'll check it out and support my home state. Michigan, especially along the Lake Michigan shoreline, is beautiful in August!!
Note: Comments have been turned off for the time being to try to shut down excessive spam/bot traffic to the site. If you'd like to add a comment, please share the post on LinkedIn or Twitter with your comments and thoughts.
Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.