In Three Words – What You Do

I found this idea for discussion in a LinkedIn group and I was curious to hear what my readers and this community would say.

How would you describe what you do professionally in just three words?

My first thought was “help people improve.”  What three words first come to mind for you? Please add a comment to this post.

Please post a comment and join the discussion. Subscribe to get notified about posts daily or weekly.

Mark Graban is an internationally-recognized consultant, author, and professional speaker who has worked in healthcare, manufacturing, and startups. His latest book is Measures of Success: React Less, Lead Better, Improve More. He is author of the Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals and Healthcare Kaizen, as well as The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen. He also published the anthology Practicing Lean that benefits the Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation, where Mark is a board member. Mark is also a Senior Advisor to the technology company KaiNexus.

16 Comments
  1. Facilitate good change.

2. Sameer Goyal says

Help solve problems

3. Sonja Dieterich says

Treating patients safely

4. What boss says

1. That is indeed a :-( Andrew

5. Collet. Analyze. Share.

6. Ron says

In three words, the most thing I usually do is to “make people happy”. If they become happy then I will become happy also. What you do to others will also be done to you in return.

7. Justin Gradek says

Daily Continuing Education,

While the work is professional, iterative, and not designed to be an education; I approach it as such…

8. Alina Hsu says

Engage people.

I think this engagement is critical to all Lean initiatives, from the smallest to the largest. I’m harking back to Spears’ discussion of continuous learning (which I like better than continuous improvement because it has the right center of gravity). The idea of engagement also highlights the eighth waste, of human potential.

9. kopstar says

Help people learn.

10. Create Meaningful Change

11. Enrique Herrera says

Share my knowledge

12. Make Things Change.

13. […] In Three Words – What You Do – Lean Blog- Make Things Change. (Eller möjligen Make Things Happen?) […]

14. […] In Three Words – What You Do — Lean Blog – Make Things Change. (Eller möjligen Make Things Happen?) […]