Happy Birthday to the Blog and A New Design
Hello blog readers and lean folks….
Between being busy with work and just not paying attention, the Lean Manufacturing Blog celebrated it's 1st birthday/anniversary in January. I started this in January 2005, since then there have been 570 posts and links to lean articles. The blog has had over 34,000 visitors and readership has grown steadily. I enjoy working on the blog and I hope it brings education, enjoyment, and inspiration to others.
You may have noticed “Google ads” on the blog. I'm not doing this to make money, but I use ad revenue to cover the modest expenses of a site like this. I did decide to “re-invest” in the blog by contracting for a custom re-design of the site. If you've visited the site before, you'll notice the changes.
- A new name: While I've been calling this the “Lean Manufacturing Blog,” I find myself writing more about lean healthcare, lean enterprise, and customer service issues. I am transitioning to the more inclusive name, “Lean Blog.”
- A new logo/banner: The graphics at the top of the page are designed to represent two things.
- First, the gears represent the industrial origins of lean thinking, as well as the synchronization of two things working together in the harmony of motion.
- Secondly, the people… no they aren't the bloggers on this site, but it's a factory photo that reminds me of how a lean team looks. The team is smiling and looks proud of what they have accomplished. Nobody is wearing a tie…. can you tell from this picture who is a production associate and who might be a VP of Operations or a Plant Manager? The photo is meant to serve as a reminder that lean is about PEOPLE, not just about technology.
If you have feedback on this redesign or about the site in general, please click “Comments” or use the “Email” link to the left.
See also: A Reflection on a Year of Blogging
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn.
Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- How to Create a Continuous Improvement Culture by Closing the GAPS — with Katie Anderson - March 30, 2023
- Interview with Mit Vyas: Insights on Learning from Toyota, Entrepreneurial Success, and Mindfulness Practices - March 29, 2023
- Recorded Webinar on Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement through Organizational Habits - March 22, 2023
Congratulations on a year of successful blogging.
Love the new blog design, but your blog hardly needed it. Your content has always been top notch, and content is what really matters. The new look is a nice touch though. Best of luck to you in your next year of blogging.
Congratulations on your 1st anniversary of your blog site. May you continue in harmony on the path of your lean journey and still find it exciting and fun! Your blog makeover looks excellent!
Hey Mark, congrats. I just celebrated my first year too. Boy, I almost left when I landed on the site, thought I’d come to the wrong place for a minute but then I stayed cause I thought it looked interesting.
The spirit of lean is continuous improvement and it is practiced here. Excellent work Mark.
Congratulations with your blog’s anniversary, and even more so, with your dedication, vision, and passion with its content.
The new site design looks super. I look forward to reading a second year of great content.