Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions
Has anyone read this book on lean culture? I haven't read it, but it came up in a discussion of “standard work for leaders”. If you have any experience with the book, please post your thoughts by clicking “Comments.”
From the book description:
* Distinguishes the much-discussed, abstract concept of “lean culture” from the concrete, implementable practices of lean management.
* Describes and illustrates 4 key principles of lean management: leader standard work; visual controls; daily accountability process, and discipline.
* Shows how visual controls bring process focus to life, tie in lean's requirement for highly disciplined execution, and make leaders' new jobs far easier to explain, model and evaluate.
* Moves beyond models and theories of lean management to show how to implement the daily practices that are the key to implementing and sustaining a lean transformation. Lots of case examples, figures and photographs.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Alternative History: Toyota's CEO Accelerates Lean Healthcare Improvement in the 2000s - February 7, 2023
- When Burnout Turns to Moral Injury for Healthcare Clinicians - February 6, 2023
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023