"Toyota Way Fieldbook" Is Out

Available from Amazon

A followup and companion book for the Shingo Prize-winnnig book The Toyota Way.

I have it on order and will post a review ASAP.

Please check out my main blog page at www.leanblog.org

The RSS feed content you are reading is copyrighted by the author, Mark Graban.

, , , on the author’s copyright.

Please post a comment and join the discussion. Subscribe to get notified about posts daily or weekly.

Mark Graban's passion is creating a better, safer, more cost effective healthcare system for patients and better workplaces for all. Mark is a consultant, author, and speaker in the "Lean healthcare" methodology. He is author of the Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals and Healthcare Kaizen, as well as The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen. His most recent project is an book titled Practicing Lean that benefits the Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation, where Mark is a board member. Mark is also the VP of Improvement & Innovation Services for the technology company KaiNexus.

You might also like More from author

7 Comments

1. David Meier says

Mark,
    Thank you for the work on this blog. I am not able to follow it every day, but do try to keep tabs on what is going on.

As co-author of The Toyota Way Fieldbook with Jeffrey Liker I am interested in your feedback on the book. When we began to write the book our intent was to provide more detailed insights into the philosophies and concepts of TPS as they relate to actual application. We did not want to write another “lean tools” book as there a number of very good ones already. In the spirit of continuous improvement we are interested in feedback on areas where the book helped people that are implementing, and areas where it fell short. We look forward to your comments and those of your readers.
    Thanks,
    David Meier

2. Ralf says

Hi David,

I got your book in Düsseldorf while shopping at SternVerlag Buchhandlung. As I own the book “The Toyota Way” the fieldbook is a good chance to get things moving (difficult but one has to start;-)).

Thanks a lot for writing this practical book:-)

I hope I will be able to convince my boss and my colleagues to start off with the lean journey.

Regards from Leipzig

Ralf Lippold

3. David Meier says

Ralf,
    Thank you for that feedback. It is amazing to me to think that the book would be for sale in Dusseldorf! It is truly a small world now. Glad you were able to find it and I hope it helps you get the journey started. Keep us posted on your progress.

All the best,

David Meier

4. David Meier says

Well can someone post standardized work so that I don’t post twice!! Hmm, I am a limited blogger. Sorry for the double!

5. Mark Graban says

No worries, David. It’s a systemic problem, not operator error.

6. Tom Gerry says

I am using the Fieldbook for ideas, methods and best practices for the application of Lean to lending in a bank. Does anyone have any examples of A3 reports for service processes like loan application, underwriting approval and closing?