Looking for a Manufacturing-Focused Lean Blogger to Join the Team
I've been blogging since early 2005. After 10 years in manufacturing, I transitioned into healthcare in August 2005 (10 years ago this month). Naturally, my focus in my writing and podcasts has shifted more toward healthcare, although I try to write about topics that are relevant to manufacturing companies and other industries.
Manufacturing is still very important to me for many reasons. It's just harder for me to cover today's Lean production related issues…
In my recent Lean Blog reader survey, a couple of people did ask me to have more content about manufacturing topics… so I'd like to recruit a semi-regular guest contributor to write about manufacturing here on LeanBlog.org.
I've had regular contributors in the past and would like to find somebody new (or previous contributors are welcome to write again).
Some key points:
- I'd like one or maybe two posts per month for a commitment of six to 12 months
- Ideal candidate(s) would be active on Twitter and other social media
- It's optional if you'd want to record “Lean Blog Audio” versions of your posts (I can help with this)
- Each post can contain a bio with links to your LinkedIn profile or other projects of yours
- Posts should be a mix of commentary on news articles along with some first-person stories and examples
- Preference will be given to a blogger who can take a stand on issues and write in an engaging or entertaining style
- There should be, ideally, common lessons and topics of Lean leadership that would be relatable to readers from outside of manufacturing
- I can provide editing help, mentoring, and guidance. If you're looking to start your own blog, this might be a good way to start and I'm happy to coach and mentor you.
To apply, please fill out this form. If you have any questions, you can submit them in that form. I will follow up and will ask some candidates to send three sample blog posts and potentially do a web-conference interview to get a sense of your approach to Lean and the fit (and new perspectives) that you would bring to the blog.