“The Lean Edge” Authors on Teamwork
Here is the latest set of discussions from the authors at The Lean Edge, site that has participation from some very notable Lean authors (and they let me slip in, somehow).
The question of the moment:
Lean focuses on individual problem solving yet stresses the importance of teamwork. What would be your definition of teamwork in the lean sense?
The responses that are out there so far:
- Michael BallÃ©: Individual responsibility to solve problems with colleagues from other functions
- Jim Huntzinger: Be Like Coach – What underlies the Team
- Pascal Dennis: Team members have clearly defined & interconnected roles, which in turn, depends on shared purpose
- Mike Rother: No Man is an Island
- Jeff Liker: Teamwork is not “work teams”
If you have any comments, post them here, as The Lean Edge does not allow reader comments.