“The Lean Edge” Authors on Teamwork
Here is the latest set of discussions from the authors at The Lean Edge, site that has participation from some very notable Lean authors (and they let me slip in, somehow).
The question of the moment:
Lean focuses on individual problem solving yet stresses the importance of teamwork. What would be your definition of teamwork in the lean sense?
The responses that are out there so far:
- Michael BallÃ©: Individual responsibility to solve problems with colleagues from other functions
- Jim Huntzinger: Be Like Coach – What underlies the Team
- Pascal Dennis: Team members have clearly defined & interconnected roles, which in turn, depends on shared purpose
- Mike Rother: No Man is an Island
- Jeff Liker: Teamwork is not “work teams”
If you have any comments, post them here, as The Lean Edge does not allow reader comments.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Thanksgiving and Gratitude – Can We Be Thankful For Waste, Problems, and Mistakes? - November 23, 2022
- Toyota Was Helped, not Hampered, by TPS During the Pandemic - November 22, 2022
- An Amazing Reframing of Failure, in Sports and at Work - November 21, 2022