Steven J. Spear Podcast for the upcoming IQPC Lean Six Sigma Summit
One of their keynote speakers is Professor Steven J. Spear, a previous guest on my Podcast series (episodes #58 and #87) and the author of the book The High-Velocity Edge: How Market Leaders Leverage Operational Excellence to Beat the Competition.
As a preview to their conference, IQPC has a new podcast discussion of their own with Spear, which you can find on this page.
In the podcast, they talk about topics including:
- What is a “high-velocity” company?
- How are some companies able to generate far better performance than the rest in their industry, across every relevant measure?
- How is Toyota an example of this, even with recent problems?
- What common themes are there with the U.S. nuclear navy and its safety record?
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- When Burnout Turns to Moral Injury for Healthcare Clinicians - February 6, 2023
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023
- Alternative History: GM Uses Lean to Remain #1 in the Auto Industry - January 31, 2023