Video Podcast #12 – Matt May, “The Shibumi Strategy”
In my latest Video Podcast, my guest is Matthew E. May, returning to talk about his latest book, a business fable called The Shibumi Strategy: A Powerful Way to Create Meaningful Change. I've been reading the book and have found it be a thought-provoking about your own personal effectiveness in a complex world.
You can read more about the book at Matt's website: www.ShibumiStrategy.com.
You can also view a separate “video trailer” for the book here.
Here's the video:
Some of the topics we discuss include:
- What is “Shibumi” and where does the term come from?
- What's the context for lean practitioners or students of Lean and TPS?
- Did you reach a point of Shibumi while writing this book or in your other work?
- Any particular reason you chose a car dealership as the job and the setting? Is it because it's stereotypically a very numbers-driven “get it done” setting?
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 993-0630 or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022
- Can You SEE Culture in a Workplace? What Do These Artifacts Say to You? - September 27, 2022