Busy Days Talkin’ Lean – Conferences and Radio Appearances
It's been a busy couple of days, one reason for the lazily short blog post this morning (but that article about John Toussaint gave you plenty to read). It was more a case of tired than lazy last night.
Yesterday, I gave a keynote at a healthcare conference in Windsor, Ontario yesterday (and was exhausted all day after the fire alarm went off at 3:30 AM at the hotel). I was quoted in a Windsor radio station news story…
Here is the audio of the portion they used on air:
I don't know where they got the idea that Lean and Toyota methods are “easily” translated from manufacturing to healthcare. I'm pretty sure I didn't say that to the reporter.
Later in the afternoon, I was on The Lean Nation radio show, talking more about Lean healthcare and the Healthcare Value Leaders Network.
Here on Tuesday, I've been back across the border, giving a Lean healthcare workshop for the Michigan Lean Consortium.
It's great to see the growing enthusiasm for Lean healthcare, and I think people have been receptive to my key points, including:
- Lean is about improving quality AND reducing cost
- Lean is about continuous improvement AND “respect for people.”
- Lean is not just about tools, it's about culture change and a different mindset
- We need to move away from “naming, blaming, and shaming” to real proactive error prevention
- Kaizen events are not enough to make you lean – it requires a new way of managing, including true continuous improvement (small kaizen each and every day)
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn.
Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Join Our Upcoming Webinar on Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement through Organizational Habits - March 22, 2023
- From Fear to Improvement: Results of Our Poll on Companies' Responses to Mistakes - March 16, 2023
- Discovering the Benefits of Data-Driven DEI: An Interview with Dr. Randal Pinkett on his New Book - March 14, 2023