Tips & Tricks for New Design
To long-time readers, the new site layout might be disorienting. A few tips and tricks for “Lean Blog 3.0” will be posted here and this post will be updated, so please check back (it will be “sticky” on the front page).
- The front page is not just the traditional reverse chronological blog format. This new format allows me to better highlight podcasts and other types of content for new visitors. The traditional blog style page (like the old Lean Blog 2.0) can be found here: http://www.leanblog.org/blog/. Bookmark it if you like and you never have to visit the front page.
- Click on Archives in the top menu to see a quick scan of all post titles (headlines) for a given month (click on a title to read the post).
- If you are an iPhone user, visit the site using your mobile Safari browser. I'm still tweaking this, but you'll see a specially formatted iPhone layout that works very well on that size screen. Hopefully, this makes it easier to check the blog on the go.
- For posting comments, you can no longer use your blogger/google login. Enter your information and you can set up a profile at http://en.gravatar.com/ that includes a small photo that would be used across all blogs that run on WordPress (like Lean Six Sigma Academy and Shmula).
- The RSS feed location has not changed. No need to change anything if you are a RSS user.
- I have discontinued the emailing of new comments via a Google Group. This was a manual process and caused delays, not very efficient. To sign up for comment notification via FeedBlitz, click here, or you can follow the comments RSS feed (which is separate from the main RSS post feed).
- The old blog address (kanban.blogspot.com) will be doing away, as it's a vestige of my original Lean Blog 1.0 on the Blogger service. If you have links or bookmarks to anything with that old address in it, please update the links to say www.leanblog.org in place of kanban.blogspot.com. We're hoping to have the old addresses automatically forward, but please update what links you can.
Any other questions or feedback, please let me know.