Thanks to everybody for reading my blog in 2014! As always, I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to read and participate in the discussion and I hope you’ll continue visiting the site in 2015… the tenth anniversary of me founding this site in 2005.
Here are the ten most-read posts of the year, according to Google Analytics (popularity doesn’t imply quality, but it’s interesting to see what people are reading and sharing):
Ten Most Read Posts Written in 2014
- Why Toyota is Eliminating the Andon Cord from its Factories (2,731 views)
- Fighting “We’ve Always Done It This Way” in Workplaces & Baseball (2,591)
- Video: Formula 1 Pit Stops 1950 & Today… a Huge Difference (2,142)
- Managing With Red/Green Charts is Like Driving By Looking at the Rear-View Mirror (2,102)
- Clarifying Push, Pull, and Flow in a Hospital; the Patient “Pulls” (2,041)
- It’s Awful When the Person Teaching #Lean Doesn’t Get the Bad 5S Joke (1,769)
- It’s Easy to See Why Labor Would be Upset with This Hospital CEO (1,445)
- Why “More Nurses” Isn’t the Best Way to Solve What Ails Healthcare (1,421)
- Is it a Bad Idea to Pay a Lean Consultant Based on a Percentage of Cost Savings? (1,406)
- Great Steve Jobs Video (& Transcript) from 1990 on Continuous Improvement (1,388)
My most-read article of the year on LinkedIn had over 140,000 views:
Ten Most Read Posts in 2014 (Written Any Year)
Not all posts were written in 2014, some are from previous years… the 2013 ranking position listed after the number of 2014 views:
- A Collection of Dilbert Cartoons on #Lean and/or #SixSigma (12,856 views, #1)
- Kaizen & Idea Boards Spotted at Society for Health Systems Conference (6,870, #6)
- Lean Quotes Collection – see the quotes in the post comments (6,734, #3)
- A Video Showing Office 5S Gone Wrong (3,982, #4)
- Don’t Threaten People with This Famous Dr. Deming Quote (3,946, unranked)
- Statistics on Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety Problems – Errors & Harm (3,742, #2)
- How a Simple Office Kanban System Works at the Lean Enterprise Institute (3,005, #5)
- My Thoughts on Standardized Work (2,983, unranked)
- Why Toyota is Eliminating the Andon Cord from its Factories (2,731, new post)
- Video on a “2-Bin” Kanban System at a Pennsylvania Hospital (2,633, #9)
Dropping out of the Top 10 most viewed:
- What’s the Buzz on Lean Certifications? With 84 comments (2,951, #7)
- Farewell to “30 Rock” & its Six Sigma Jokes (2,852, #8)
- “Management By Walking Around” vs. “Gemba Walks” (2,754, #10)
Another Book Giveaway for Lean Blog Readers
Once again, as a thank you to my readers (including those of you who made it to the bottom of this post), I’m giving away a copy of one of my books… fill out the form below or click here to enter. A winner will be selected and notified by January 9, 2015.
Thanks again for your readership and participation!
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Now Available – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can buy the book today, including signed copies from the author.