We’re halfway through the year. What reflections do you have on how the first half of the year is going for you, your team, and your organization? Is it time to “Adjust” as part of the PDSA cycle? Do you have a “strategy deployment” process in place?
Here are some of the most popular posts (based on the number of page views) from the first half of this year. There are two lists — one that shows the popularity regardless of when it was published and one showing only those posts that were published this year.
Maybe listen to the 1996 song “Popular” by Nada Surf while you’re reading :-)
Have a great weekend (a holiday weekend, Independence Day, here in the U.S.).
10 Most Read Posts in 2014 Regardless of Publication Date
- Links to Dilbert Cartoons on #Lean and/or #SixSigma (2011)
- Kaizen & Idea Boards Spotted at Society for Health Systems Conference (2013)
- Lean Quotes Collection (2006)
- A Video Showing Office 5S Gone Wrong (2012)
- Don’t Threaten People with This Famous Dr. Deming Quote (2013)
- Statistics on Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety Problems – Errors & Harm (2009)
- How a Simple Office Kanban System Works at the Lean Enterprise Institute (2010)
- Video: Formula 1 Pit Stops 1950 & Today… a Huge Difference (2014)
- Toyota, Respect for People (or “Humanity”) and Lean (2013)
- Fighting “We’ve Always Done It This Way” in Workplaces & Baseball (2014)
10 Most Read Posts Written in 2014
- Video: Formula 1 Pit Stops 1950 & Today… a Huge Difference
- Fighting “We’ve Always Done It This Way” in Workplaces & Baseball
- Is it Lean’s Fault or the Old Management System’s?
- “It’s Gotten Political” in Saskatchewan Lean Healthcare. Of Course.
- Lean Thinking: We Don’t Blame Individuals for Systemic Errors
- Is it a Bad Idea to Pay a Lean Consultant Based on a Percentage of Cost Savings?
- #Lean: Clarifying Push, Pull, and Flow in a Hospital; the Patient “Pulls”
- How to Create a Dysfunctional Culture Where Employees & Customers Are Unhappy
- How Do You Make Time for Improvement? Here are Nine Takes
- Good Questions, But With Some Misunderstandings about Lean Healthcare
Did you have a post that was a favorite or was, somehow, particularly helpful or interesting?
Tweet of the Day:
About our webinar next Wednesday…
— KaiNexus (@KaiNexus) July 2, 2014
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Now Available – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can buy the book today, including signed copies from the author.