One feature of the website for our Healthcare Kaizen books has been the ability for people to share an example of a Kaizen improvement or a photo of their Kaizen management methods. People have shared pictures of idea boards and examples of improvements, including some from KaiNexus customers.
My co-author Joe Swartz and I are happy to announce a new contest, where you can win prizes including:
- One of five signed copies of our new The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen
- A signed copy of Healthcare Kaizen
- Healthcare Kaizen themed coffee mugs
- Other surprises
How can you win?
If you share a Kaizen example through our site by September 30th, you’ll have the chance to win a prize. Joe and I will select some winners, based on criteria including:
- Most creatively decorated Kaizen board
- Kaizen improvements that impact the patient experience
- Kaizens that affect quality or patient safety
- Kaizens with a significant financial impact
- Kaizens that are documented in a fun or creative way
Or, you can enter by:
- Recording and sharing a video about your Kaizen program on YouTube (like the one Joe’s organization made)
- Write and share a story about your Kaizen approach or a Kaizen success story (which could be used, with your permission, as a guest post here)
You can also have a chance to win a book by leaving an insightful comment on this LinkedIn discussion I started:
We hope people who have used the methods in Healthcare Kaizen will want to share some of their successes to help inspire similar improvements throughout healthcare.
Unfortunately, due to high international shipping costs, winners receiving physical prizes will be limited to the domestic United States, but Kaizens from other countries can still be recognized by being included on our website.
As we say in the fine print on the Kaizen submission page, please make sure your manager and organization are OK with sharing. You might want to upload something that has identifying information removed (or ask us to do that for you). We don’t want you to share anything that’s proprietary or would get you in trouble.
Note: KaiNexus customers can enter by sharing a PDF export of one of your completed “Opportunities for Improvement”
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Now Available – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can buy the book today, including signed copies from the author.