MP3 File (run time 26:46)
My guests for episode #162 are Patrick Vlaskovits (@pv) and Brant Cooper (@brantcooper), previously guests on episode #99. I recently ran into them at the Lean Startup Conference and today we are speaking about their newest book (coming in February) The Lean Entrepreneur: How to Create Products, Innovate with New Ventures, and Disrupt Markets. You can learn more and pre-order via their website:
If you pre-order, you have the chance to win some cool stuff or unique experiences.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What is Lean Entrepreneurship?
- How does Lean create disruptive innovations?
- Why is it better to fail fast and learn your idea isn’t viable sooner rather than later?
- Why is “follow your passion” really bad advice?
- What’s a value stream in the context of a startup?
- Why would data “inform decisions” rather than “make” them for you?
- The Lean Entrepreneur: How to Create Products, Innovate with New Ventures, and Disrupt Market
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Customer Development: A cheat sheet to The Four Steps to the Epiphany
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/162.
You can use the player (use the VCR-type controls) at the top of the post to listen to a streaming version of the podcast (or click here for the streaming audio and RSS subscription). The streaming link is faster for one-time listening (hardly any delay to start listening). Or you can use the download link to put it on your iPod or other MP3 player.
A new way to listen to free streaming episodes of the podcast: Download the free Stitcher app and use promo code LEANBLOG for a chance to win $100.
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 776-LEAN (817-776-5326) or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.
About LeanBlog.org: Mark Graban is a consultant, author, and speaker in the “lean healthcare” methodology. Mark is author of the Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals and Healthcare Kaizen, as well as the new Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen. Mark is also the Chief Improvement Officer for the technology company KaiNexus.