MP3 File (run time 26:46)
My guests for episode #162 are Patrick Vlaskovits (@pv) and Brant Cooper (@brantcooper), previously guests on episode #99. I recently ran into them at the Lean Startup Conference and today we are speaking about their newest book (coming in February) The Lean Entrepreneur: How to Create Products, Innovate with New Ventures, and Disrupt Markets. You can learn more and pre-order via their website:
If you pre-order, you have the chance to win some cool stuff or unique experiences.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What is Lean Entrepreneurship?
- How does Lean create disruptive innovations?
- Why is it better to fail fast and learn your idea isn’t viable sooner rather than later?
- Why is “follow your passion” really bad advice?
- What’s a value stream in the context of a startup?
- Why would data “inform decisions” rather than “make” them for you?
- The Lean Entrepreneur: How to Create Products, Innovate with New Ventures, and Disrupt Market
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Customer Development: A cheat sheet to The Four Steps to the Epiphany
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/162.
You can use the player (use the VCR-type controls) at the top of the post to listen to a streaming version of the podcast (or click here for the streaming audio and RSS subscription). The streaming link is faster for one-time listening (hardly any delay to start listening). Or you can use the download link to put it on your iPod or other MP3 player.
A new way to listen to free streaming episodes of the podcast: Download the free Stitcher app and use promo code LEANBLOG for a chance to win $100.
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at [email protected] or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 776-LEAN (817-776-5326) or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Coming Soon – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can pre-order today, with shipping expected by June.