Here are links to some varied articles I’ve read recently that might be of interest on a number of Lean related topics:
- NFL Draft – Player Names on Jerseys (Lean Blitz) – Chad Walters shares how the NFL got player names on jerseys so quickly for last week’s draft
- Chicken Scratches vs. Electronic Prescriptions (NY Times) – Are e-prescriptions five times safer than paper? If so, why don’t all MDs adopt it when available in their organization?
- Reading My Mind (CEO blog at NorthBay Healthcare) – A CEO describes how he came around to believe in Lean healthcare
- Made in the USA (blog by president of Forno Bravo) – a small, growing California manufacturer (of a great product, I know first hand) defends himself against competitor smears that his products are made in China
- Apple: why doesn’t it employ more US workers? (UK Guardian) – Apple would still make a margin of 46.5% on each iPhone
About LeanBlog.org: Mark Graban is a consultant, author, and speaker in the “lean healthcare” methodology. Mark is author of the Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals and Healthcare Kaizen, as well as The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen. Mark is also the VP of Customer Success for the technology company KaiNexus. He lives in San Antonio, Texas.