In a recurring feature, here are links to some more articles I’ve read recently that might be of interest:
- Luxury car program brings cancer patients to treatment in style (KVUE-TV, Austin) – a great non-profit effort started by a former colleague at Dell, addressing a very important part of the care value stream — getting there.
- A (Real) Tragedy at the CDC (by Paul Levy at The Health Care Blog)
- Medicare Reimbursement for Inpatient Care: ThedaCare Is Delivering Better Quality Care at Lower Cost What’s happening? We Are Penalized, Not Rewarded, for Better Patient Outcomes – A white paper from the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value
- Avon resident Seestadt is guy Cleveland Clinic ‘Lean’s on to help (Cleveland.com)
- ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: Lean: The Best Medicine (AME, about John Toussaint’s new book “Potent Medicine“)
- Now You Know Why Your Boss Is Such an Ape (WSJ)
About LeanBlog.org: Mark Graban is a consultant, author, and speaker in the “lean healthcare” methodology. Mark is author of the Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals and Healthcare Kaizen, as well as The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen. Mark is also the VP of Customer Success for the technology company KaiNexus. He lives in San Antonio, Texas.