New Lean Blog Charity Auctions – Great Books on #Lean, #Quality, #Deming!
Update 5/1/12 – more auctions!
Back in October, we raised about $1000 for Friends of the Orphans through a charity auction, for which authors and publishers generously donated books.
Now, I’m happy to present another auction that comes as a result of me “5S-ing” my home office as my wife and I prepare for our move to San Antonio. I had duplicate copies of many great books – some due to getting a free review copy from a publisher and some due to me “losing” the book and re-purchasing it (I know, tsk tsk, not very Lean of me).
I’m auctioning some great sets (batches?) of books – they all end roughly 10 PM EDT on Sunday May 6. I will donate free standard shipping for U.S.-based winners. If you want expedited U.S. shipping or any form international shipping, I’d ask that you pay the actual cost.
Here are the auction details:
Again, 100% of proceeds will be automatically donated through eBay’s GivingWorks program. Again, we are supporting Friends of the Orphans, an organization I have been promoting for the past few years and they were also the beneficiary of proceeds from Russell Maroni’s eBook “After the Haiti Earthquake.”
Here are the current auctions (more will be added Tuesday night, including a chance to get one of the very first copies of Healthcare Kaizen:
- Charity Auction – Lean Culture Book Set (David Mann, Pascal Dennis, Norman Bodek)
- Charity Auction – Lean Healthcare Book Set (John Toussaint, Mark Graban, Cindy Jimmerson, & more)
- Charity Auction – Lean Gurus Book Set (Jeff Liker and Jim Womack / Dan Jones)
- Charity Auction – Lean Management Book Set (Jim Womack, Dan Markovitz, & more)
- Charity Auction – Lean & Quality Classics (Deming, Quality, and JIT)
I hope you’ll bid early and bid often to raise money for this important non-profit organization! If you would like to just make a donation to Friends of the Orphans, you can do so via this special tracking link.
Please help share the auctions through social media!