For the third year, my good friends at the Lean Enterprise Institute, the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value, and the Healthcare Value Network are collaborating to produce the Lean Healthcare Transformation Summit. This year, it is being held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, June 6 to 7, 2012. Click here to learn more and to register.
Many of the attendees come from the Healthcare Value Network organizations, but registration is open to the public. Last year, the event sold out VERY early (months in advance). My understanding is that this year’s event will have a bigger capacity, but it will still be small enough to facilitate effective networking and collaboration.
Although I’m no longer an employee of LEI, I will be participating as the moderator of the CEO panel discussion. I’m looking forward to attending again, as this is the best place to learn about the Lean management practices that are transforming healthcare delivery across North America and around the world. I know there will be, once again, a large contingent coming from The Netherlands to share and to learn.
From the Summit website:
- Keynotes with John Toussaint, Harold Miller, and John Shook, thought leaders within healthcare and the lean community.
- Plenary Sessions with progressive healthcare leaders.
- Concurrent Learning Sessions offer practical advice in small interactive sessions where you can learn, discuss, and reflect.
- Pre-Summit Workshops build skills or introduce concepts that you’ll need to make your transformation successful and sustainable.
- The CEO Panel is your chance to hear and ask questions with senior leaders who are directly engaged in experiments within their organization’s lean transformation.
- Limited attendance gives you ample time for discussions and follow-up questions.
- Summit networking is a high priority with breaks, receptions, and luncheons providing many formal and informal ways for you to connect with counterparts who are tackling the same challenges that you face today. Don’t forget your business cards!
Hope to see you there!
About LeanBlog.org: Mark Graban is a consultant, author, and speaker in the “lean healthcare” methodology. Mark is author of the Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals and Healthcare Kaizen, as well as the new Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen. Mark is also the Chief Improvement Officer for the technology company KaiNexus.