Join the co-authors of the book “On the Mend: Revolutionizing Healthcare to Save Lives and Transform the Industry“, John Toussaint MD and Roger Gerard PhD, for a free webinar on lean leadership – today at 2 PM eastern.
You can register for free at http://lean.org/webinar.
From the webinar description:
With the details of sweeping healthcare reform looming, you and other healthcare leaders are coming under increasing pressure to improve the quality of care, reduce costs, and do it in a way that absolutely values the professionals doing the work of patient care.
The ThedaCare organization has focused for over eight years on doing exactly that. It has enthusiastically embraced lean methodologies and practices to establish a very high-performing culture of care and business results.
John and Roger will candidly discuss ThedaCare’s continuing lean transformation, including the barriers that were encountered, the mistakes made along the way, and the success that is occurring as the cultural changes take hold in the work itself.
You will learn:
- Why it is important to treat a lean transformation as a cultural change process first and foremost, and as a set of tools and methods as a secondary urgency.
- How to engage professionals in all aspects of the healthcare continuum, including physicians, in removing waste from processes.
- What leadership behaviors and competencies you need for success.
- How ThedaCare used a change model to foster understanding and progress in the face of resistance.
- What steps to take to start your own lean journey and sustain it.
I think this will be of interest to both healthcare insiders and those on the outside looking in.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Now Available – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can buy the book today, including signed copies from the author.