Process updated 8/12/09 based on feedback (see comments), changes in italics.
Note (8/23/12) — this map has not really been updated since 2010 and should not be considered complete or accurate.
Here is an open source experiment… I have started this custom Google Map that lists hospitals and healthcare organizations that are using Lean to at least some extent. You can access the map below or via the URL www.leanmaps.com.
- News article
- Case study
- Journal mention
View Healthcare Organizations with Lean Efforts in a larger map
- Make sure you have a Google account and that you are signed in
- Click above to view it in a larger map (Google Maps view) or go to www.leanmaps.com
- Search for an organization name and city in the search box up top
- Click on the organization in the search results
- Click “Save to My Maps”
- Select “Healthcare Organizations…” and click Save
- Enter a URL of a case study in the box that appears above the blue pin OR enter a short description of the hospital’s lean journey
- Click “OK”
- I will likely remove blue pins that do not have any URL or description if I cannot find a reference online through google.
If the standardized work doesn’t work for you, as not the creator of the map, please comment on this post. I made it an open and editable map, I believe.
Here is a YouTube video that demonstrates how to add an organization.
Let’s see how this experiment works. Maybe this can be the best single reference of all hospitals that have used or are using Lean in the U.S. and around the world. If you add something to the map, please add a comment here so I know.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email. Learn more about Mark Graban’s speaking, writing, and consulting.