LeanBlog Podcast #29 features a very special guest, Dr. Sami Bahri, “The World’s First Lean Dentist.” If you’re thinking “what can I learn about lean from a Dentist?”, please listen in. I think you’ll be amazed and will learn a ton. I’ve really enjoyed the two chances I’ve had to talk with Dr Bahri, including this podcast session and I’ve been very impressed with his approach to lean. He’s gone back to all of the source texts, including Shingo and Ohno and has really had to figure it out for himself, as opposed to following a cookbook approach. I particularly appreciate how he involves his employees and staff… it’s a great example we can all learn from.
If you have questions or comments for Dr. Bahri, he’s agreed to a follow on podcast. You can email me at [email protected] or visit leanpodcast.org to leave a comment or read some linked articles about Dr. Bahri. His website can be found at http://www.firstleandentist.com/.
Click to play:
If you enjoy this podcast, I hope you’ll check out the rest of the series by visiting the LeanBlog podcast main page.
Keywords and Main Points, Episode #29
- Learning about Lean and figuring out, over time, how to apply it to a dental office.
- How Dr. Bahri is able to take care of patient needs all in a single visit (not coming back for separate follow on appointments).
- How Dr. Bahri has engaged his workforce, through Lean, to improve productivity, job satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Lean as a never-ending journey toward perfection, an experimental process.
- Learn how Dr. Bahri’s office creating an innovative “flow manager” position.
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at [email protected] or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 776-LEAN (817-776-5326) or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast. Click here for the main LeanBlog Podcast page with all previous episodes.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Now Available – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can buy the book today, including signed copies from the author.