LeanBlog Podcast #28 features our friend and frequent guest, Norman Bodek, noted lean author, consultant, and President of PCS Press. This also celebrates the 1 year anniversary of the Podcast, which featured Norman as our first guest. As I’ve given him credit for previously, the Podcast really was Norman’s idea when he said I should do “radio interviews” with him. Thankfully, this has turned into a series of interviews with others that I have enjoyed immensely. I hope you enjoy them as well.
If you enjoy this podcast, I hope you’ll check out the rest of the series by visiting the LeanBlog podcast main page.
Keywords and Main Points, Episode #28
- Summary of Norman’s talk at the TWI Summit and the “pledge of continuous improvement.”
- Gantt’s book “Organizing Work” (via Google Books) — the stakeholder groups that a business must serve (including community)
- Lifetime employment and the obligation for good management
- Can you have a workplace with no bosses? Example of a Skippy peanut butter plant
- Is the ultimate goal automation? Norman’s thoughts on that
- Managers’s resistance to change as a separate type of waste?
- Being on the floor all the time as a manager
- Norman talking about “conscious learning” (his next book)
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at email@example.com or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 776-LEAN (817-776-5326) or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast. Click here for the main LeanBlog Podcast page with all previous episodes.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email. Learn more about Mark Graban’s speaking, writing, and consulting.