“WIP” — started, but haven’t finished (doesn’t mean I don’t like the book)
- Getting the Right Things Done
- Leadership for Smooth Patient Flow
- Managing the Professional Services Firm
- Errors, Medicine, and the Law
- The Health Care Value Chain
- The Baptist Health Care Journey to Excellence
“Raw Material” — books that are sitting here, but haven’t started (in order I’d like to start them):
- Better: A Surgeon’s Notes on Performance
- Evolving Excellence
- The Strategos Guide to Value Stream & Process Mapping
- The Gold Mine (sent to me for review)
- Value Acceleration (sent to me for review)
- Lean for Dummies
Ah, the waste of overproduction. My head tells me it is waste to buy books faster than I can read them, but I can’t help it.
We’re all busy and don’t have enough time, especially with so many good lean books coming out on the market. Maybe we need a lean book summary service, along the lines of those business book summary clubs?
What are you reading, or waiting to read? What’s in your book inventory that hasn’t been converted to “finished goods”??
A note on the Strategos book. There’s an endorsement quote from me on the back, I did look at an electronic preview copy, so I’ve sort of read it, I guess.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email. Learn more about Mark Graban’s speaking, writing, and consulting.