Message Board Direct Link
Update July 2010 – I’ve shut this board down, see my blog post about this.
This is something I’ve wanted to try for a while — a LeanBlog Message Board at www.leanboard.org. If you’re not familiar, a “message board” or a “forum” is a website that is much more interactive than a blog. I’m not sure if we’ll get much participation, but we can try. If you have a question like “Do most people use software/Excel for standard work or do you do it manually?”, you can post that on the Message Board and people can respond directly too more easily than they can here on the Blog. The standard work question is a topic we’re also going to cover here, with David Meier, on the LeanBlog, so don’t quit coming here.
The Lean Enterprise Institute has a message board that you can access via www.lean.org. As much as I like the LEI, I have a few issues with their “new and improved” message board:
- It requires a large “Java” download to work properly — my work computer doesn’t cooperate well with that. The LeanBlog Message Board doesn’t require a slow download or Java this-and-that.
- You have to register just to read posts. The LEI obviously values your contact information for their mailing lists. I don’t care who you are if you’re reading. But, if you want to participate, then you have to register — but I won’t ever use that information, unless I need to block your access because you’re misbehaving (posting spam, etc.)
Let’s see how this develops. Let me know if you have any ideas, it will evolve over time, obviously — in the spirit of kaizen. Any feedback, please post it here. It’s very light on content at the beginning, but let’s see if we can get it going.
I’m hoping that blog readers will:
- Ask questions of their lean peers
- Post pictures and lean tools (you can attach files)
- Share lean tips, success stories, and challenges
I hope that this can be a valuable resource for the lean community.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Now Available – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can buy the book today, including signed copies from the author.