OK, so this isn’t strictly a standard work document, but this is an overview of the Lean Blog. I did update it on 7/19/05, though, in the spirit of continuous improvement. Updated 5/19/06. Updated again 11/15/06 and 1/12/08 and 5/12/09 and 7/3/09.
1) I run this blog strictly as a small (focus on “small”) business, a sole proprietorship, but it’s mainly to express myself, share articles and lean concepts, and (hopefully) to build a lean manufacturing community.
2) As a visitor to the blog, please feel free to comment on any article by clicking on the “Comments” link below each article. You can comment without having to register or give any information about yourself.
3) If you see an article I should link to or want to submit something, use the “Email Me” link on the main page. Please send any feedback or ideas to that same address. If you are interested in contributing posts on a one-time or regular basis, email me to discuss it.
4) You can use the Blogger search box on the upper left hand side of the page to search through old Lean Blog posts (enter a term such as “Fujio Cho”, for example). Or searches often work better if you go to Google and include “site: www.leanblog.org” in your search (or click here).
5) I typically update the blog daily, or at least that is my goal. I normally post a morning entry at 5 AM central and, if there’s an afternoon post (typically shorter), it gets scheduled for 1 PM central.
6) I do run advertisements from Google and some direct advertisers on the site. My goal is to run the blog as a “breakeven” proposition. I hope the ads are relevant and I do make an effort to “screen out” ads that don’t seem to fit well with lean. I’ve taken money I’ve earned and put it back into the blog for site design, logo design, and hosting services for the Podcast.
Privacy Notice (7/3/09)
7) Who do I work for? I am a Senior Fellow for the Lean Enterprise Institute. I am not blogging on their behalf, but as an individual, as has been the case since I started the blog in early 2005. Nothing I write should be considered the official stance of any past, current, or future employer. You can find more details about me in my LinkedIn profile.
8) Not all postings are written by me, Mark Graban. I have blog contributors, their names can be found on the main blog page. Each posting, if not clearly identified at the beginning as being written by someone else, has a footer that shows who the author of that post is.
9) I often link to Wall Street Journal articles. Click here for tips on finding free versions of articles online.
10) I will soon update this with a conflict of interest policy and statement, as proposed by the Federal Trade Commission.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Now Available – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can buy the book today, including signed copies from the author.